My name is Kate, I'm 18 and I'm going to Texas A&M. I'm a Christian and a conservative.
My blog is a mix of dorky cartoon and book fandoms, Bible verses, whatever I happen to find funny, and, of course, PUPPIES!!! Enjoy.
Also, message me if you ever want to talk or need someone to talk to. :)
People need to realize the significance of this post, because when I reblogged it it was just blank so I think some people may not understand what this is trying to say
Adopting an animal (or buying from someone close to you who has recently had puppies, kittens, etc) is not like simply going to the store and buying a toy. You do not just get to throw it away once you are done with it and it stops being cute in your eyes
This is a real living thing that has emotions, needs, and wants, not something to be thrown away when YOU are done after YOU entered at commitment to raise and care for this animal.
What’s just as bad as dumping the animal off just anywhere you want, whether it be on the side of the road or in a shelter, is that a lot of these animals end up dying after that. Animals are NOT always adopted and strays are not always picked up. Animals can get put down, run over, tortured, and a list of other things
People should really think about what they are responsible for before they bring an animal into their life
Not to mention that that animal loves you, you are his world, and when you drop him off at the shelter - or worse, in the street - you are abandoning him. He doesn’t know what he did wrong, he thinks you’ll come back, maybe you just dropped him off for a bit and you’ll come back to him.
Not only did you make a commitment, but that animal loves you and throwing them away isn’t just breaking that commitment, it’s throwing away someone who doesn’t understand why you don’t love him anymore and where you went.
This is so important. Animals are NOT toys you just can’t return them because you got bored. Think first before you buy a cute little puppy for your stupid girlfriend or sister or whatever. Okay. This just make me so mad that I can’t keep talking about it. Seriously you have no heart if you do this. Seriously
This shit pisses me off
How could you be so hateful to that poor puppy who loves you
This breaks my heart! I could never imagine giving away my dog unless it was 100% necessary (and even then it would break my heart to do it) and it’s awful to think that people give away animals that love you more than themselves just because they get too big. If you can’t handle the entire commitment of having a pet (physical, emotional, and financial) then don’t get a pet.
This is beautiful. And on the topic of sleepovers and kids getting stuck in uncomfortable situations: My mom and I had a code, ever since my first sleepover. I would always call home to say goodnight, and if I asked “How is the cat doing?”, it meant that I wasn’t comfortable and I wanted her to pick me up. I did use this code a few times, and whenever I did, my mom came up with the excuses for me. I was never stuck at a sleepover I didn’t want to be at - and as a child with anxiety and social phobia, this was a great system.
posts like these are the reason i love tumblr
Once, I was at a friend’s birthday party, and they began to play strip poker and 7 minutes in heaven and immature stuff like that. I am the biggest virgin that you’ve ever known, so I pretended like my phone was vibrating, punched in my mom’s speed dial, and when she answered, I said “Hey mom, whatcha need? *Pause* oh, okay. So I have to come home now? Yeah, sorry, I’ll clean my room right when I get there. *pause* ten minutes? Okay, that works. See ya.” and she understood exactly what I wanted, and she came and picked me up, and even scolded me in front of my friends for ‘not cleaning my room’. I’ve used this so many times, it isn’t funny. My mom is so understanding each time.
And now I must hug my mother and post 5 million mom appreciation posts.
- 1.Do you want a boyfriend or girlfriend?
- 2.When did your last hug take place?
- 3.Are you a jealous person?
- 4.Are you tired right now?
- 5.Do you chew on your straws?
- 6.Have you ever been called a tease?
- 7.Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?
- 8.Do you cry easily?
- 9.What should you be doing right now?
- 10.Are you a heavy sleeper?
- 11.Do you think you can last in a relationship for 6 months?
- 12.Are you mad at someone right now?
- 13.Do you believe in love?
- 14.What makes you laugh no matter what?
- 15.Who was the last person you talked to?
- 16.Do you get butterflies around the person you like?
- 17.Will you get married?
- 18.When was the last time you smiled?
- 19.Does anyone like you?
- 20.Do you secretly like someone?
- 21.Who was the first person you talked to today?
- 22.Who do you feel most comfortable talking to about anything?
- 23.What are you NOT looking forward to?
- 24.What ARE you looking forward to?
- 25.Has someone of the opposite sex ever told you they loved you, and meant it?
- 26.Suppose you see your ex kissing another person what would you do?
- 27.Do you plan on moving out within the next year?
- 28.Are you a forgiving person?
- 29.How many TRUE friends do you have?
- 30.Do you fall for people easily?
- 31.Have you ever fallen for your ex’s best friend?
- 32.What’s the last thing you put in your mouth?
- 33.Who was the last person you drove with?
- 34.How late did you stay up last night and why?
- 35.If you could move somewhere else, would you?
- 36.Who was the last person you took a picture of?
- 37.Can you live a day without TV?
- 38.When was the last time you were extremely disappointed?
- 39.Three names you go by...
- 40.Are you currently in a relationship?
- 41.What is your all-time favorite romance movie?
- 42.Do you believe that everyone has a soul-mate?
- 43.What’s your current problem?
- 44.Have you ever had your heart broken?
- 45.Your thoughts of long distance relationships?
- 46.How many kids do you want to have?
- 47.Have you ever found it hard to tell someone you like them?